Wednesday, March 29, 2017

2017 Update

Sorry for being so late with this, but here's the deal: in an attempt to get the Zone/Atrophy stuff going in the real world, a couple years ago I adapted them into newer, much better books and gave them to Roc, the imprint of Penguin Random House that publishes my science fiction. This winter, Roc replied saying they were going to pass on it because Admiral wasn't a bestseller.

That leaves me in an awkward situation, because though I know the number of people who actually care about Zone/Atrophy stuff is pretty small, I don't like to leave a story unfinished.

The original serials and books aren't up to the level of quality that I'm comfortable with right now, so I don't want to re-release them. However, I do have the new books, which are solid. One way or another, I'm going to release them. I just have to figure out how.

It's not the first time I've had to apologize for you guys for the wait, and it probably won't be the last. I'm not making excuses; this is taking ages, and I'm sorry. I'm still on it.

Twitter, website, books, and newer books.

11 comments:

Wake said...

It's alright, we're behind you all the way, still got all(most of) the original books.
And it's not your fault they're passing up gold.
Maybe put it up on amazon kindle, if it makes a splash there someone might be interested in publishing, and I'd buy it for my mum.

Unknown said...

Sir, i have no words to describe how much i love the way you write.
I'm 38 y.o. and a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan since 2007. Tried to find anything i could: mods, wallpaper, art, and most important stalker fan fiction. I found ''Freedom'', and now i want everything you ever created ! You said we will find THE ZONE here, and another thing, but after 1 week of search i simply can't find it.
Is there any way you would point me in the right direction please?
Where is the rest of the stories?
Where is the part when Mist was killing the infected??
Sorry, my english is not very good, and google translator is just shit.
i wish i could tell you how much i love your work using more words.
''Freedom'' was the first book in years that really made me enter that world, beside the game itself, but somehow even better than the game, if that ever seem possible.
You know when Mist enters that dark building finding the giant spider and the giant blood demon? That was the first time in many years when my skin made bumps (idk how to say it in english), and when he leaned to look down, in the dark, i was like W-T-F DUDE ! i was reading at 3.o'clock in the morning, lol, and i had to wake up at 6:30 to go to work. Insane job.
You have any books i can order about STALKER, or same style ? Anything ?
Greetings from east Europe and hat down in front of you !

Wish said...

Thanks for the kind words. For various reasons, the serial isn't available anymore. Though I don't do any work directly related to Stalker, if my current books do well, I hope to do some in the spirit of Stalker. The material I work on now can be found at www.seandanker.com

Unknown said...

found your writing back in 2010, got caught up real fast and kept up with it. Stopped with training and deployment. tried to get back into it from the beginning only to find it taken down (for good reasons) Can't wait to see it published as I miss this story a great deal. good luck.

Unknown said...

Is there any chance of the stalker series with mist resurfaceing? Or is that unlikely? I'd hate to see a story of that quality lost

Wish said...

The idea of like a massive PDF of the original series, including the Mist part, is still on the table at some point.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

April 2018*... Update me baby.

Unknown said...

Also, post up that original freedom banner from whatever year that was again... The panorama.

Kyle said...

2019 update?

Wish said...

Sorry, I don't check here so much--I'm mainly at seandanker.com, but hit me up on facebook or twitter and I'll reply. I just added an update.